Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday night pizza

We made some pizza doughs at the beginning of the week, but didn't get a chance to use it till Friday. The dough has been sitting in the fridge all this time and has collapsed a bit and lost some of the volume.

Instead of round pizza, I was inspired by our friend J&L and stretched the doughs into rectangles roughly 10x16in. I was going to top one pizza with ricotta cheese but realized that I bought cottage cheese instead. I don't think cottage cheese works well on pizzas. So I had to borrow half of goat cheese from the other pizza.

After a thin layer of goat cheese mixture (goat cheese, olive oil, salt and fresh thyme), one pizza was topped with sliced zucchini and the other with sautéd crimini mushroom, then finally a layer of grated parm.



Bake both in a 500 degree oven for 9-10min, rotating half way through, and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment