Sunday, May 8, 2011

Goat cheese brownies

This is another recipe from Serious Eats. They're heavily featuring recipes from a book on all things goats recently. This was one of them.

We are fans of goat cheese. It's hard to imagine that I didn't like cheese just ten years ago when I first came to this country. I thought they all smelled and tasted like stinky socks. But I'm glad I learned to like cheese over the years, as there's so much wonder in the world of cheese.

I like buying cheese from Trader Joe's. They carry a variety of cheeses at very low prices. I can not see myself going back to WholeFoods for cheese unless we are throwing a fancy party. TJ carries this fresh Chevre that comes in an 8-oz log. That's what I used for making the brownies.

The resulting brownies have a distinctive goat cheese aroma, but a very subtle tang when you taste it. The crumbs are very moist. I also cut the sugar by 1/2 cup from the original recipe, as I don't like overly sweet things. It was just the right level of sweetness for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment