Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cupcake Jones

I did it. I finally found a cupcake place I liked in Portland. Cupcake Jones
I am a big cupcake fan and have high standards when it comes to these mini packages of goodness. I have been to a couple other cupcake shops since we got here. The overall impression is that they are sweet, overly so, though not as much as the ones we had in Chicago. I just want a cupcake with moist cake and rich icing that doesn't make you want to drink a whole bottle of water after a bite. Cupcake Jones has what I'm looking for.
We ordered one Raspberry truffle cake to share. It's chocolate cake filled with raspberry chocolate ganache, topped with raspberry buttercream icing. It was PERFECT. I wish I didn't have to share it with Jose. We sat on the bench in their tiny store and devoured the cake. I then turned to Jose and said "I don't want to leave here"

The small display case at cupcake Jones

It's only about 8 blocks away from our apartment. They have daily special flavors. I will have to hit the gym on my way there and workout hard to deserve one cupcake a day from cupcake Jones. But it's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment